Veterinary Specialty Center, 1515 Busch Parkway, Buffalo Grove IL |
Come visit Young at Heart at Veterinary Specialty Center's (VSC) Open House! VSC will be hosting an Open House and Pet Adoption Event on Sunday, November 8th from noon until 4 pm at 1515 Busch Parkway in Buffalo Grove. This is the first time that the veterinary emergency and specialty facility will open its doors to the general public for tours. This will also be the kick off the organization’s Holiday Pet Food Drive for Young at Heart's Nina's Pet Food Pantry Program. Donations of dry Pedigree Dog Food and Dry Friskies cat food are requested for the pantry, as well as canned dog/cat food.
Along with tours of both facilities, some of the highlights of the day include:
• Repair-a-Bear – Children may “gown up” and head into the operating room as their injured stuffed animals go into surgery for repairs. This is a great way for children to learn more about the surgical process.
• My Pet Ate That? – Visitors may guess what a cat or dog ate by looking at radiographs.
• Pet Poisons – A look at foods we eat every day that might be poisonous for pets.
• Pet First Aid Demonstration – Live first aid demonstrations
• Dialysis – There will be a demonstration of dialysis in pets
• Dog Therapy Demonstrations – We will demonstrate some of the rehabilitative therapies available at our Canine Activity Center.
• Food, Games and More - We’ll also have food, games, face painting, balloons, more cool medical displays and much more.
At the Canine Activity Center, VSC will be hosting a Pet Fair that will include rescues, non-profits and regular pet businesses. There will be dogs and cats available for adoption, booths by various pet non-profits and businesses, demonstrations, games, refreshments and more.
The Open House will also be the kick-off for VSC’s Annual Pet Food Drive for Nina’s Pet Food Pantry. Founded by Young at Heart Pet Rescue, Nina’s Pet Food Pantry donates pet food and supplies to families in need at the Palatine Township Food Pantry and St. Francis De Sales food pantries. This has prevented many families from having to relinquish their pets when times are difficult. Last year, Veterinary Specialty Center donated nearly 2,000 pounds of dog and cat food, treats and toys to the organization.
Throughout the day, 104.3 K-Hits will be providing music of the 60s, 70s and 80s. They will also be promoting this event prior to our open house. Learn more online at www.vetspecialty.com/news/