In-kind donations to Young at Heart can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Best Friends Pet Care, 22096 N Pet Lane, Prairie View IL 60089
- Palatine Family Pet Care, 1100 W Northwest Hwy, Palatine, IL 60067
- Petco, 787 W Main St, Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Young at Heart's Current Wish List
If you enjoy shopping to help senior pets and would like the convenience of having it delivered for you, check out our Amazon Wishlist - be sure to use Amazon Smile so a percentage of your purchase is also donated to Young at Heart! Amazon does not always alert us to the donor of the items, so please email us at email@example.com if you need confirmation of delivery of in-kind donations.
In-Kind Donations Currently Needed:
- First class stamps
- Multipurpose copy/print paper
- Paper towels
- Method Bamboo Scented Antibacterial Cleaner
- Unopened bags of Fromm or Merrick Dry Dog Food
- Scoopable Tidy Cat or Scoop Away cat litter
- Cans of Dave's Cat Food
- Collapsible wire crates in excellent or new condition (we cannot properly sanitize crates with exposed/rusting metal)
We currently CANNOT accept the following items:
Due to overwhelming generosity of our supporters, we are over capacity for storage and cannot currently accept any of the following items:
- For health and safety reasons, we cannot accept OPEN bags/containers of pet food, or USED dog/cat toys.
- Rawhide chews, pig ears, hooves, or bone treats
- Towels, sheets, blankets, comforters, or other household bedding
- Used pet beds
- Used leashes/collars/pet jackets/sweaters
- Used litterboxes/scoops
- Pet ramps
- Pet stairs
- Pet wheelchairs
- Non-dog/cat items such as hamster/ferret/rabbit/fish supplies
- Airline/plastic travel crates including cat carriers/cat bags
- Banks of cages or other used kennel/grooming equipment
- Office furniture or household furniture for the future adoption center*
*If you are able to store used office furniture or household furniture that you would like to donate for adoption center for a year or more, please email photos and dimensions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Wishlist of other important items:
- Donation of graphics for rescue's transport vehicle.
- Marketing Company willing to donate time and talent to help increase awareness of Young at Heart.
- Printing company to sponsor printing services such as brochures, booklets, full-color posters, volunteer handbooks, etc.
- Fencing company to sponsor materials and installation of fencing for future facility.
- T-shirt company to sponsor printing of volunteer tshirts and logo items.
- Leadership gifts for future facility capital campaign - naming rights available from $10,000+.
Young at Heart is an Amazon.com Affiliate! Click on the ad above or Bookmark This Link and as much as 10% of your purchase will be donated back to Young at Heart! You must use this link in order for Young at Heart to get the credit, so if you forget or are someplace you cannot access it, then you can use AmazonSmile to choose Young at Heart!.
In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, you must first select Young at Heart Pet Rescue, Inc. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Young at Heart as your selected charitable organization. It's that easy!
GoodSearch & GoodShop
What if Young at Heart earned a donation every time you searched the Internet? Or how about if a percentage of every purchase you made online went to support our cause? Well, now it can! GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 30 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy’s and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you’ll be supporting your favorite cause.
And if you download the GoodSearch – Young at Heart Pet Rescue toolbar, our cause will earn money every time you shop and search online – even if you forget to go to GoodShop or GoodSearch first! Download the Young at Heart toolbar now!
Did you know that many companies offer matching gifts to their employees' favortie charities? Many companies, large or small, give back to their communities by matching donations made by their employees. Not sure if your company does that? Ask your HR department or the owner of the company. It's usually just a simple form that you fill out and send to us to complete.
Corporate Casual Days
Larger companies that require their employees to "dress up" may offer casual Fridays where employees can wear jeans or more casual clothing for a donation to a chosen charity. Many companies let their employees vote on the charities! Why not nominate and vote for Young at Heart? And if your company doesn't have charity casual days yet, why not suggest it?
If you'd like to do good for senior pets beyond your lifespan, Young at Heart welcomes legacy gifts from supporters left in their wills and estate plans. For more information, please visit our page including Young at Heart in your will on our Planned Giving page.
Shop Young at Heart Gear
Show your love of senior pets by displaying a Young at Heart calendar, wearing your Young at Heart gear, or giving Young at Heart gifts! A percentage of each purchase benefits our homeless senior pets. SHOP NOW!